A Neighborhood School District in Puyallup and Lakewood, Washington invitations functions for the place of:
Campus Safety Sergeant
SALARY: $44,400.00 – $51,504.00 Yearly
OPENING DATE: 04/27/18
CLOSING DATE: 05/11/18 05:00 PM
The Campus Safety Sergeant is liable for assigning duties; exhibiting management and aiding the Pierce School mission: creating high quality academic alternatives for a various neighborhood of learners to thrive in an evolving world.
This place will practice and supervise campus safety officers at assigned campus; act as the general Safety and Safety chief on the assigned campus; consider efficiency of subordinates to find out coaching necessities and deficiencies; help in growth and conduct of coaching packages for campus safety; examine complaints of disturbance, accidents, stolen property, or felony exercise; patrol campus buildings and grounds on foot or by car to keep up safety; difficulty citations for violations of campus rules; help the Campus Safety Director with varied tasks; write experiences protecting exercise of squad or shift assigned; assessment and proper experiences of subordinate officers; and, carry out associated duties as required.
Management and Supervision Duties:
• Chargeable for offering management, should preserve proficiency in all areas specified and implied inside the place description.
• Guarantee worker Efficiency and Growth Plans are carried out and maintained in accordance with the WPEA Collective Bargaining Settlement.
• Implement greatest practices in public security to additional professionalize Campus Safety operations.
• Uphold the necessities of and help the division chain of authority.
• Guarantee Campus Safety workplace operations and providers are maintained to the best stage of efficiency.
• Supervise implementation, upkeep and use of important operations methods together with, however not restricted to; Card Entry, Report Exec, Megamations, Key Wizard, and alarm and surveillance methods.
• Coaching workers to straightforward in accordance with the Campus Safety Division requirements and supply or prepare for coaching as required.
•Guarantee all workers assessment and cling to the Campus Safety Normal Working Procedures.
•Guarantee all workers are educated of and adjust to: district insurance policies and procedures, relevant Occupational Well being & Safety Administration (OSHA) and Washington Industrial Safety & Well being Administration (WISHA) legal guidelines, relevant native, state and federal legal guidelines.
• Guarantee all labeled workers are educated and adjust to the Washington Public Worker Affiliation (WPEA) Collective Bargaining Settlement (CBA).
• Guarantee all workers are educated and ready to carry out duties in affiliation with: Clery “Campus Safety Authority”, and the Violence In opposition to Girls’s Act (VAWA).
• Guarantee all efficiency and behavioral points are dealt with in a well timed method, doc all phases of progressive self-discipline, in accordance with the WPEA CBA, School Insurance policies, relevant State and Federal legal guidelines, guidelines, and/or rules.
• Implement and help public security coaching packages as directed for college kids, employees, school, and directors to adjust to Clery and VAWA necessities.
• Guarantee administration is stored apprised of important data immediately or not directly affecting Public Safety on campus.
• Help and supervise implementation of emergency preparedness planning and response.
• Supervise the executive course of for hiring hourly employees, to incorporate follow-through on background investigations, reference checks, and important documentation.
• Take part within the hiring course of for labeled employees to incorporate applicant credential critiques and interviews.
• Plan and supervise work assignments of assigned employees.
• Create and modify shift schedules to keep up minimal staffing ranges.
• Monitor and adjust to limits set for the whole quantity of hours part-time employees may go inside set time intervals.
• Keep by Megamation, scheduled preventive upkeep checks and providers of important occupational well being & and security, public security and emergency preparedness methods and gear as assigned.
• Collaborate with administration to search out and implement options to points affecting Campus Safety operations.
• Take part in conferences, coaching, seminars, or conferences as directed to maintain abreast of modifications in coverage, regulatory necessities or greatest practices impacting public security operations.
Basic Campus Safety Officer Duties:
• Implement establishment, native, state, and federal legal guidelines to incorporate however not restricted to: The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Safety Coverage and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), The Violence In opposition to Girls Act (VAWA), Washington Industrial Safety and Well being Act (WISHA), Title IX, Household Instructional Rights and Privateness Act (FERPA).
• Patrol a delegated space on foot or in a patrol automotive.
• Examine buildings, parking tons and grounds in an effort to stop prowling, fireplace, property injury, vandalism or different crimes; examine doorways and gates to make sure amenities and grounds stay safe.
• Direct and regulate visitors, examine accidents or crimes; administer first help; difficulty citations for violations; collect proof; find witnesses; and, seem in courtroom as required.
• Function division communication gear; reply phone inquiries; take experiences of felony exercise; monitor, function and examine alarm, entry/management video surveillance, and different mechanical, methods.
• Keep surveillance of an space suspect for felony exercise.
• Liaise and help native legislation enforcement as wanted.
• Report crimes to legislation enforcement; safe crime scenes till authorities arrive; help legislation enforcement personnel upon request.
• Obtain, provoke, course of and write experiences of incidents, accidents, and complaints; receive statements, and conduct preliminary investigations and compose every day officer shift log.
• Obtain and course of misplaced property become the Campus Safety Division.
• Management entry to amenities and grounds manually and by way of card entry system and switch facility lights on/off as needed.
• Establish and report cases of property injury, gear malfunctions, utilities failure, or any uncommon, harmful or suspicious situations or actions anyplace on campus in a well timed method.
• Following emergency response procedures, reply to emergencies to incorporate however not restricted to: accidents, altercations, medical emergencies, bomb threats, fireplace or intrusion alarms, and different normal disturbances.
• Help within the execution of emergency response actions comparable to however not restricted to constructing evacuations, crowd and visitors management, facility searches, gentle search and rescue, first help, and triage.
• Present courtesy providers comparable to performing car unlocks, escorts, battery jumps and classroom unlocks.
• Workers the Campus Safety Workplace answering telephones, issuing parking permits and responding to public inquires.
• Different duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: Required Training:
• GED or Excessive College Diploma.
Minimal Expertise Required:
• Two (2) years’ expertise working as a campus police, safety officer or equal.
• Should possess a sound WA State driver’s license.
• Should receive CPR, First Support and AED certifications inside first 120 days of employment.
• Should have the ability to move a driver’s report examine.
• Should be proficient in commonplace workplace know-how.
• No earlier felony convictions.
• Capability to carry out bodily/psychological calls for of the place.
• As a situation of employment, a background examine together with felony report historical past can be performed. Data from the background examine is not going to essentially preclude employment however can be thought of in figuring out the applicant’s suitability and competence to carry out on this place.
Required Data, Expertise and Skills:
Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ belief and respect by constant honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Retains guarantees and commitments made to others. Does the appropriate factor, even when it’s troublesome. Doesn’t yield to stress to indicate bias or manipulate others. Doesn’t misrepresent self or use place or authority for private achieve.
Relationship Constructing – Builds and maintains constructive working relationships characterised by a excessive stage of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Seeks and considers concepts from those that are reluctant to specific their factors of view. Anticipates and acknowledges the considerations of others, even when these considerations usually are not brazenly expressed.
Management – Promotes organizational mission and objectives, and reveals the way in which to attain them. Shows a constructive angle in regards to the work to be executed, co-workers, prospects, administration, and employer insurance policies. Creates a constructive work setting the place all employees are motivated to do their greatest. Conveys confidence in a bunch’s capability to prevail over challenges to achieve its objectives.
Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and dedication inside a workforce to attain objectives and deliverables. Praises the workforce and its achievement to others. Encourages workforce unity by sharing data or experience, working collectively to unravel issues, and placing workforce success first. Helps take away limitations to workforce productiveness and success.
Workers Administration – Manages employees in ways in which enhance their capability to succeed on the job. Offers employees ongoing, constructive suggestions on their efficiency and progress in gentle of expectations and objectives. Holds well timed discussions and efficiency critiques. Let employees know what is predicted of them and holds them accountable. Differentiates between excessive and low efficiency. Rewards and acknowledges onerous work and outcomes. Addresses efficiency points promptly and corrects poor efficiency. Treats all employees pretty and persistently. Shares accountability when delegating. Entails employees in setting their efficiency objectives.
Teaching & Mentoring – Allows co-workers to develop and succeed by suggestions, instruction, and encouragement. Builds relationships with teammates in order that teaching efforts are acquired in a constructive, developmental method. Takes steps to be taught the work pursuits and profession objectives of teammates.
Choice Making & Judgment· Makes well timed, knowledgeable choices that have in mind the info, objectives, constraints, and dangers. Finds options which are acceptable to various teams with conflicting pursuits and wishes. Weighs the professionals and cons of every possibility earlier than making a choice and transferring ahead.
Buyer Focus – Builds and maintains buyer satisfaction with the services provided by the group. Seeks methods to enhance service supply. Assesses the group and its providers from the shopper’s perspective. Emphasizes a workforce strategy to offering nice customer support.
Safety Focus – Adheres to all office and commerce security legal guidelines, rules, requirements, and practices. Ensures work is carried out in a protected method always. Avoids shortcuts that improve well being and security dangers to self or others. Maintains gear and private protecting gear in a protected working situation. Checks for and experiences potential hazards or breaches of safety plans whereas within the office or within the subject.
Fiscal Accountability – Follows fiscal tips, rules, ideas, and requirements when committing fiscal sources or processing monetary transactions. Safeguards fiscal sources, and adheres to all inside management procedures designed to forestall and detect theft or misuse of funds. Retains present on fiscal procedures, ideas, and requirements.
Officer Presence · Diplomatically handles difficult or intense interpersonal conditions by: working by troublesome or awkward conditions in a constructive method. Workouts acceptable tact and discretion in conversations and sharing data with others. Instills confidence and competence by phrases and actions that make neighborhood members really feel protected and safe.
Know-how – Capability to function software program packages comparable to Report Exec, Advising Dashboard, CA3000 Card Entry System and MS Outlook, MS Phrase, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. Capability to make the most of public security and emergency preparedness web sources comparable to: Pierce County LINX and College Menace, IVIPS (DOL car/ vessel inquiry), WA State Patrol (Washington Entry to Legal Historical past)
To be thought of for this place, it’s essential to:
• Meet the required as outlined on this announcement
• Full the net program profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/
• Apply for the particular job opening
• Add (connect) a canopy letter that addresses the way you meet the required and desired as outlined on this announcement. Make sure you present particular examples to help your expertise, coaching and/or expertise (Cowl Letter)
• Add (connect) an in depth résumé (Résumé)
• Transcripts usually are not required in an effort to apply for this place, nonetheless, if you’re chosen for an interview, you’ll be requested to carry copies of unofficial transcripts displaying completion of the required stage of training. Unofficial copies of all school and college transcripts should embrace diploma acquired and confer date. Worldwide transcripts should embrace a overseas transcript analysis. For an inventory of authorised credential analysis providers go to: www.naces.org/members.htm (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for software course of; official transcripts required upon rent). (Transcripts)
• Add (connect) an inventory of at the very least two present skilled references with names, addresses, and phone numbers. Letters of advice is not going to be accepted in lieu of an inventory references. (References)
Particular Observe: All software supplies have to be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadline date
Phrases of Employment:
It is a full-time (40 hours per week) labeled extra time eligible place with Pierce School. The first work location can be at Pierce School Fort Steilacoom however occasional journey to Pierce School websites will happen. Work hours are Monday by Friday 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekend work, and occasional journey as required. All positions could also be topic to reassignment between campuses or websites.
Bodily Work Atmosphere:
This place is required to work indoors in an workplace setting in addition to outside in all types of climate. The duties of this place embrace working a patrol car and responding to incidents involving accidents, accidents, altercations and varied hazardous conditions. Use of non-public protecting gear is usually required.
The incumbent might discover themselves responding to risky conditions during which possessing important pondering and battle decision expertise are important; with the ability to work and performance professionally and successfully below stress are key elements.
Candidates with disabilities who require help with the applying and employment course of can be accommodated to the extent moderately doable. Requests must be made to the District Human Sources Workplace by calling 253-964-7342. Individuals who’re deaf or onerous of listening to might dial 711 to position a name by Washington Relay, the state’s free telecommunication entry service
Screening & Interview Course of:
Solely these candidates who’ve complied with the applying course of and meet the required can be thought of. Essentially the most fascinating candidates can be contacted for an interview.
The beginning wage vary of this place is $three,700.00 – $four,292.00 monthly. Nonetheless, your paycheck is simply a part of the whole compensation bundle. There’s an excellent advantages bundle which is value an extra worth equal to about 30% of your wage. A complete well being care advantages bundle for you and your dependents consists of medical, dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage. Life and long-term incapacity insurance coverage; trip, sick and private depart; decreased tuition; and retirement advantages are additionally supplied.
Situations of Employment:
• Company Store: As a situation of employment, all labeled workers are required to turn into a member of the Washington Public Workers Affiliation and pay membership dues, or as a non-member pay an company store, non-association or illustration price inside thirty calendar days after the date of rent.
• In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Management Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the USA can be required on the time of rent.
• Pierce School has adopted a Drug Free Office coverage. As a situation of employment, workers should conform to abide by the necessities established in that coverage.
The Pierce School District is an equal alternative employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce School District are dedicated to offering equal alternative and won’t discriminate in phrases and situations of employment and personnel practices for all individuals with out regard to race, coloration, nationwide origin, age, perceived or precise bodily or psychological incapacity, being pregnant, genetic data, intercourse, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital standing, creed, faith, honorably discharged veteran or army standing, or use of a educated information canine or service animal.
For extra details about this place or help concerning your software, contact Human Sources at: email@example.com.
Questions concerning equal employment alternatives or discrimination could also be directed to the next:
Holly Gorski, Vice President for Human Sources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW Lakewood, Washington 98498 (253) 964-6519
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Motion Officer
For extra data or help, contact Human Sources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.